Tuesday, January 27, 2015

My Process - Part 1

For the next couple posts I'll be showing you exactly how I make my jewelry, step by step! By doing this you can see what my pieces look like from beginning to end. 

Seen in the picture below are my newest pieces, which are in the first stage of the ceramic process. After rolling thin slabs of clay, I cut out various shapes, pick a design/texture for each, smooth the edges and then set them aside to dry. This is what they look like before the first kiln firing.  

After I fire them, I'll post another a picture of what they look like and then continue with the process.

Stay tuned for updates!

And don't forget to like me on Facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Vintage Display at The Spa

Vintage Display at The Spa
Steampunk style jewelry with vintage props

Antique Blue Flower Set

Antique Blue Flower Set
Ceramic pendant and earrings with beads and brass embellishments; SOLD

Owl at Dusk

Owl at Dusk
Ceramic with brass and bead embellishments; Steampunk style; SOLD